Free Nature Events at East Lothian Community Hospital
NHS Lothian Charity is working with Haddington-based social enterprise, Lil to run free nature events at East Lothian Community Hospital from 10am – 3pm on Saturday 29 April.
Find out more about the different activities below.
- Drop in for this free event and explore the grounds of the Community Hospital, survey the nature that’s there with the East Lothian Countryside Rangers and volunteer specialists. This is a drop in event, please arrive on the hour to join in (i.e. 10am 11am, 1pm or 2pm) – you can stay longer.
- A BioBlitz is a race against time to create a snapshot of the variety of life found in a specific location. Together, Wildlife experts and event participants, within a set amount of time, aim to find and identify as many species of plants, animals and fungi as possible.
- LiL Rubbish Collective
- Join Lil on a walking litter pick around the hospital grounds and down Hospital Road to Station Yard. Litter you collect will then be creatively transformed into a central sculpture for the Haddstock Festival by MADE.
- Sketch and Wonder Workshop
- A guided creative wander of the hospital grounds with artist Lynn Fraser (Fantoosh Sketching). Expect mark-making and noticing things in a new way as you respond to the green space and nature around you. No artistic ability is required. All materials supplied on the day. Reserve your free place, numbers are limited.
- A LIL CONSULTATION
- Lil is collecting community views on how the landscape around the hospital might be used – it is a community hospital after all. Pop into the gazebo at any time during the day for a chat, a cuppa and to imagine what you’d like to see, do and feel there.
- No previous experience required. All ages welcome.
- Meet at the Lil Gazebo located in the woodland walk next to the car park.
- Please check the weather forecast and wear suitable clothing and footwear
- Parking available on site.
- Use of toilets is limited to emergencies, so please go before you leave home
- There’ll be tea & cake available to buy but if you’re staying longer over lunch we recommend a packed lunch.