Gentle Wellbeing in Nature Walk – Spring Wild Ways Well
- Date & Time: Thursday 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Meeting place: St John’s Hospital Livingston – Ladywell Neighbourhood House
Book or find out more
Contact Paul from TCV to find out more and book your place.
These sessions will:
- Provide an overview of the natural environment around St John’s Hospital.
- Create an opportunity to connect with nature at your own pace.
- Provide an opportunity to connect with others who have a love for the outdoors.
Who is it for?
There are weekly sessions are open to all individuals of all abilities who are looking to build contact with nature and the benefits that it can bring.
Sessions are structured around the internationally recognised ‘Five Ways to Wellbeing’ and we are keen that sessions are participant-led wherever possible, responding to the interests of the people who come along.
Example activities include learning about wildlife, how to identify plants and animals, and the traditional stories associated with them. Take part in sensory experiences such as listening to bird songs or smelling and touching plants we have grown in our raised beds. Express yourself creatively by taking photographs or using natural materials like clay and stone to make art. Take practical action for conservation, planting and looking after trees and wildflowers, and conducting Citizen Science projects such as monitoring butterfly and bumblebee populations.