Green Health Network Event
Join us for our next Green Health Network Event looking at project case studies and the theme of referrals.
Date: Tuesday, 14 November 2023
Time: 12 midday to 1pm
Location: Online. A link for the event will be sent to you once you have completed the event sign up form below.
Join us for the second event of the year, building on interest generated at the September meeting, exploring case studies and addressing common challenges.
We will focus on two of the top themes:
- Showcasing opportunities for green health
- How people come to projects / or ‘referrals’ – including dilemmas and issues for project users and project teams.
Our two guest speakers, Paul Barclay and Ida Fabrizio, will share their experiences:
- Paul Barclay, Senior Project Officer at The Conservation Volunteers, discussing ‘Wild Ways Well’ – a project that brings the healing power of nature to St Johns Hospital in Livingston.
- Ida Fabrizio, RSPB Nature Connections Officer, talking about ‘Nature Prescriptions at the Western General’ – a pioneering project aimed at testing nature prescriptions for hospital patients.
We’ll also have time for a general discussion on the topic of referrals.
Why should I attend?
Our Green Health events are a great way to:
- Share ideas and learning
- Contribute to professional development
- Make connections with others
Who is it for?
These online sessions are suitable for current Network members and any NHS Lothian staff or voluntary sector partners who feel passionately about the benefits of nature and their potential to improve health and tackle climate change.
Complete the form below to sign up the Green Health Network Event
We run a series of events throughout the year to connect people and practice across NHS Lothian and beyond.
- Wednesday, 6 March 2024, 12 midday to 1pm
Be the first to receive notifications of our upcoming events by joining our Green Health Network.
If you feel passionately about the benefits of nature and its potential to improve health and tackle climate change, why not join our Green Health Network?
Get a feel for some of the things we discuss at our networking events by watching our short videos below:
Creating Green Breathing Spaces
In this short recording, Inga Cosway from the Work Well team, gives us some insight into the work being undertaken to develop the “New Royal Mile” at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and also introduces the new ‘Put Your Emotional PPE On’ campaign.Watch here
Using the NHS Estate for Therapeutic Activities
In this short recording, Linda Walker, Head Occupational Therapist for Adult, Forensic and Older People’s Health Services shares her experience of working from the Royal Edinburgh Hospital to deliver therapeutic activities on NHS grounds.Watch here
The Transitional Power of Gardens
In this short recording, Chris Jones, Patient Engagement Coordinator with Cyrenians, working at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital and Astley Ainslie Hospital, talks about work undertaken to develop meaningful and active participation in different areas of hospital grounds.Watch here